Saturday 2 September 2017

Therion - Theli (1996)

This week we go back one year, and will embrace Theli, the album that is considered by most of the fans as the best Therion album side by side with the album from the next week, Starts the era of Operatic Therion, the amazing melodies all Therion fans recognize. Some people call it Gothic metal, others symphonic, I think their quality is too much to put such a band in a stagnant category.

There are three songs I want to share with you, the first one can be mentioned as the band's song, explains a bit the name of the band and is called To Mega Therion it never fails to be played live



The second song I'm showing you is Cults of The Shadows, musically I prefer this one over To Mega Therion, but both are amazing, this one is a bit more melodic there my preference.



The last one is one of my all time favourite of Therion, when listen to this song, disconnect yourself form the world around and lets the sound submerge you in a peaceful melody, I know the lyrics are not so peaceful for what I've been reading. But we don't understand the lyrics so I only enjoy embracing the sound. Sometimes when the noise in a Bus, Subway or Train is too much, this song cancels all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment