Saturday 30 September 2017

Therion - Secret of the Runes(2001)

Another album of Therion Follows, now is time to talk about Secret of The Runes, which was released in October, 2001
I talked about it in the last Therion post, Cause Summernight City appears on this album. Well, the first song I'm showing you form this album is called "Midgard", once again the choir is amazing, is starts in a more strong way and folows to a more melodic part, Not being considered prog, it surely has wonderful transitions as Therion already showed us. I really enjoy this one a lot. Someone said on the commentary's it is Odin's Lullaby, it surely could be.



The second one I am showing you is called "Asgard", this whole album I guess spins around Nordic and Northern Europe Mythology. Is a much stronger one in cadence than Midgard, but the chorus is also something amazing. Appreciate this masterpiece on it's maximum. The instrumental towards the end is simply Superb.








The third song I will share with you from this album is called "Schwarzalbenheim (Gold Der Unterwelt)" Another piece of art. Starts so smoothly and then it explodes without being ever too much, everything fits so well. Amazing transitions, mainly after this part:

Schwarzalbenheims Gewürm
Schmiedet solch schimmerndes Gold
Der Götter Glorie gestaltend
Aus der Erde Geäder
 But even after that transition from the beat to the choir is so envolvent. The string from 4.15 towards the end are simply outstanding in my opinion. Seems like they are crying to this wonderful tune.



The 4th song I'm showing you is called "Nifelheim" Not so amazing as the other songs, but also pretty nice, And to show you some more operatic songs in this album.







The last song of 13 that I'm showing you form this album, is called "Vanaheim". This  is with

Schwarzalbenheim my favourite song, from the lyrics to the voices to the fitting instrumentation. starts with an amazing intro, then the strength with which the voice enters fits so well. Helps understanding some points of Nordic Mythology. I really enjoy this one, here a video from the amazing channel of Jonny A Magnis Maxima




Well with Secret of The Runes We are way past half of their works I am talking about, Next week I am still thinking between a double album or both separately, wait for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment