Saturday 11 November 2017

Therion - Sitra Ahra(2010)

After Gothic kaballah a big part of the band left, basically only some resident singers and Christofer Johnsson remain. This album was never claimed by the critics cause let's be honest, is way less interesting than their other works.
You will see that on the number of musics I am going to share.
Let's start with the first song of the album the title track, here we still have the remanence of old Therion, the lyrical voice the sound almost prophetic, the video could be better though. This song misled several people who thought this would still be the way Therion would go.




The next song I am showing you is the third one of the album, Unguentum Sabbati, no their most interesting songs but still good to hear, with Snowy Shaw being important here as well as Lori Lewis amazing voice.





The next song is one of the best of the album, Land of Canaan once again tastes like old Therion, is one of the longest ones and is with me in my mp3 since the release of the album almost. Instrumentally is maybe the best one in this album the arabic/middle eastern sounds are so good in here.



The next song is the fifth one of the album Hellequin, not much to say on this one but I like to show you songs with different nuances.




Follows the song 2012: Return of the Feathered Serpent, Therion always exploit the Mayan prophecies, this song is about the 2012 one.




After we have the 3rd part of Kali Yuga which I started in Sirius B. album, this part is different but is maybe the only music with some other level of mysticism in it.




The last song I am sharing with you is Children of the Stone: After the Inquisition, the thing I want to focus here is the choir in the chorus it is amazing for me.




I still manage to share several songs of this album I don't dislike Thommas Vikstrom voice but i prefer Mats one, only one still to go now from Therion.

No comments:

Post a Comment