Saturday 28 November 2015

Orphaned Land 1st Part - Sahara, El Norra Alila

Greetings. Today I bring you a band which is worth hearing any day, any month, any year.
I bring you Orphaned Land.

Orphaned Land are from Israel, but are in opposite way when compared to Amaseffer, cause Amaseffer show us biblical lyrics, the pursuit of Hebrews and their history. Orphaned Land Appeal's to Peace in in Middle East, criticize how the Palestine-Israel war is going. And Appeal to our senses that as the last album says, All is One
For the first part I will share songs from their first two albums, cause this two has a kind of sound that is not so easy to hear after these.
Their First Two Albums were

Sahara 1994
El Norra Alila 1996

 The songs from this 2 albums are more kind of profetic, a different tone to intertwine our thoughts about what's was, is and will ever happen in Middle East
From Sahara I leave you, "The Beloved's Cry" more of a romantic one, mixed with some religiosity content, this song is magic, mixing the sounds of the desert with the sounds of middle east culture. I would say something of what lacks sometimes in Western Cultural

From El Norra Alila I leave you, "The Evil urge", the version live is something amazing but I will leave that to a later moment, the studio version is still pretty interesting

Check also the Live version of this song which I personally prefer

 2nd part will arrive Wednesday, this Orphaned Land will have 4 parts, I don't want to mix the next albums in a single post cause some of the mystical power of them is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment