Saturday 19 December 2015

Myrath - Hope 2007 and Tales of The Sands 2011

Today I bring you another middle eastern sound band, not properly from middle east but from Northern Africa. Myrath from Tunisia. Their sound is easily noticed as progressive. Some songs I think brings us the perspective of the Arab Spring. lyrics like:
War has come, bringing death,
lust and pain soiling our home.
Mourns and cries kindle hate,
taint our hearts, corrupt our souls.
 Corroborate What I just said.
The 2007 album has more the progressive sound than the third one, I don't appreciate the second one that much, but if you want to check out, be free to do it. From this album Hope, the track which title the album Hope

From the third Album, "Tales of the Sands" I bring you three different songs.
First  Under Siege the one from which I took the lyrics before. Here with the presence of Clémentine Delauney, some might know her from Serenity or Visions of Atlantis, or some other projects she is today. As I said for me being this song from 2011 is heavily connected with the Arab Spring

The Second one Braving the Seas, is about a Pirate, obvious as we hear the lyrics in it, not much to add, except the quality of the song


The third and last one is Merciless Times, the official video, some important message, how sometimes our life seems to keep going without us.

I share Myrath because in February they will be the first part of Symphony X concert here in Lisbon and I thought it would be good to share them with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment