Saturday 14 October 2017

Therion - Lemuria(2004)

Today we are going to talk about one side of the double album Therion released in 2004, this side is called Lemuria, Is one masterpiece if you enjoy metal with melody fused with orchestration, more than ever orchestration is present. The album i maybe from Therion the one that easily enters in your mind and you start singing it from top to bottom easily


The first song I'm showing you is one of the stronger songs ever from them, with harsh vocals, not so seen many times in last albums. it's called "Typhon"



The second song I'm showing you is called "Uthark Runa", not being one of my favourite ones has a wonderful melody and the vocals fit really well, for some reason was never one of my favourite songs. It's one of the songs where you can hear Mats Leven in its splendour



 I was about to not talk about this one, but how could I do that? this songs musically is amazing. And you may notice later it has some connection in construction with Kali yuga. It's called  "Three Ships of Berik", here both songs together, in fact they are the third and 4th songs of the album




The next one I'm talking about is the title track, Lemuria. you know when You start hearing a band and are afraid to move from the album you first had? in fear the rest of their work is not so good? well the album that brought me to Therion is yet to be presented, but one day I checked last.fm to heck what were other people hearing form Therion and Lemuria was and I think still is on of their most famous songs. It starts easy and calm and remains amazing all those years passed. It explains the story of Lemuria and you can feel the mystical power in it. Big part of the song seems like we are in the sea in a ship.




The next song is somehow different, "Quetzalcoatl", has a Spanish part in it that I think fits amazingly, it talks about Quetzalcoatl The Master of the sun. It also spins around the 2012 prophecy. The melody behind all the song is amazing and gives us the mystic feeling the song wants to pass



The next song is called Dreams of Swedenborg it seems it was a Scientist who had a vision and embraced that vision. I like this song It's like  we are really enjoying is visions. For me the best part on this song is the prophetic singing with the engagement in the choirs.Everything is so magical from the clocky beat though the music, the fitting of more harsh and acute voices. It basically invites us to let our mind travel though the music space.



The next song is amazing in every aspect, "An Arrow From The Sun" the first time we will talk about Abaris, it has different vocals in it, and lyrics are so abysmal, Check the video for more Info on Abaris.


 The last song I'm talking about is called Abraxas, once again not one of my favourites, I enjoy the female voice with the sound behind it, but lacks something that the other songs have. Still is pretty solid.







No comments:

Post a Comment