Saturday 21 October 2017

Therion - Sirius B(2004)

Toay We are going to talk about the 2nd part of the double album which came out in 2004, Sirius B, for a long time I listened much more Lemuria than Sirius B, but suddenly I started hearing one song and another from Sirius B and it became amazing

The first song of the Album is Blood of Kingu, I would say it starts in an mazing way with speed fused with an angelic chorus and choir. The voice of Mats Leven is what you hear, is easy to notice his voice. The transition between his voice and the choir is sooo good, like a summoning.



The second song is Son of the Sun, this song send us back to Egipt it is hardly ever missed in a live show also, is iconic. The female voice chosen has strength but melody alltogether. The men voices fit well in the choir. Keeps the same speed heard before, and the storyis really nice for thos ewho don't know of it, Akhenaton son of Amenhotep III

The third song of them album is dedicated or is about Rasputin, it is called Khlysty Evangelist I love the russian like first part, like a monk chant, prepares the ambience for the second part, it is one of the darkest songs from Therion that I know, is also one of my all time favourites from Therion. Once again Mats leven voice is recognizable and I really enjoy it, adds the dark effect I love.



The 4th song of the album is called Dark Venus Persephone, those are onw of those songs you might want to hear to isolate yourself from the worls with sound, is so amazing, the vocals send you to a story directly and the male voces that appeared help you feel the godly sound you just feel embraced. instrumentally is one of my favourite tracks everything fits


The 5th and 6th songs are related they are about Kali Yuga, it is divided in two parts, bot are amazing the second part has part of the first in chorus but moves forward. The feeling is way more darker than generally in this album, more than in Dark Venus Persephone for example, I wanted  to find the two songs seperated, but I can't find, in fac ti found the second part separated but not the first one, so I'm posting two parts together. The song makes you search for what Kali yuga is. It is a heavy and fast song, still has the melody bits, but some might not enjoy and other will love it. It has to have that dark feeling

The 7th song of the album is Called The Wondrous world of Punt, for me is like Siren of The woods is one of those songs a bit like Dark Venus Persephone that you wand to allow your mind to slipaway and fly free. I s one of the most peaceful songs on teh album



The last song I am showing you is the 9th one and it is called Call of  Dagon, we once again increase the pace a bit but not too much, Is like an evocation this one.



 Still 3 more albums to go concerning Therion, can come right next week or I can post something else in between


No comments:

Post a Comment