Saturday 5 August 2017

Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost (2005)

Today I bring you my favourite Paradise Lost album, the one with same name as the band, Paradise Lost from 2005, What I love the most in this album is the melody in it, I would say is the softest album from Paradise Lost, but not the worst because of that, if there is an album with touches of Progressive is this one.
The first song I'm showing you is the first one of the album
Don't Belong, it was one of the songs that I heard for a long time before diving more into it, It starts slow and increases pace in chorus. And the lyrics fit so well in a former time. The musicality in this one is superb


The second song of the album is Close Your Eyes, is not so intense as the first one but is also in my opinion an amazing one more in a constant pace. "All Born the same"


The third song of the album is a masterpiece on it's own, the transitions, the lyrics, everything fits, it's called Grey another more soft song, but if you have a taste similar to mine you will like it.



The 4th song is called RedShift, it didn't interested me for a long time, but with years passing I learned that some musics need time to dive in our soul, and this is one of those.


The 5th song is another one that took me some time, but now I love it, Forever After, the lyrics make such sense now, and it's stronger without being harsh one of my new favourites.


The 6th song, mainly for those not so much into metal but more into rock, Sun Fading has some heaviness without being too noticed, but musically is superbly well done
 

The last song I'm showing you, and the 8th of the album is All You Leave Behind, we end this post with something heavier, one of the heaviest ones until here.
 



Next week I'll post a kind of my personal best of from them, stay tuned.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment