Tuesday 13 October 2015

Painted Black - Portuguese Progressive/doom

I already posted something with portuguese influence, however, Ava despite being amazing are not entirelly portuguese the founding member is from Norway, Rune Eriksen.
So today I bring you an 100% portuguese band, Painted Black, I could define their sound as a heavy and dark atmosphere, with some evolution of sound, merging together the progressive and doom metal, to an extent that I appreciate, probably not the biggest new band out there, but worth to hear
follow their Website at: http://www.painted-black.org/ if you like what I am about to share with you, I will start with the first album Cold Comfort from 2010, starting with my favourite song, Shadowbound

There is also available from the same album a song called Inevitability, which someone used the song for the backmusic of a video about the movie "The Fountain", this movie I confess is one of the most fucked up ones I already seen, but yet a good one to see as only at the end you will understand anything.
Recently in 2014 they released a new EP, called "Quarto Vazio", it was available for download at their website, don't know if it is by time I am posting this. One of the songs on this EP is a version of Perfect Drug, from Nine Inch Nails
The song Quarto Vazio, is one emotionally heavy song

No comments:

Post a Comment