Wednesday 14 October 2015

Royal Hunt - pre-DC Cooper

Today I am going to start a 3 part post about one of my favourite bands of Progressive metal, Royal Hunt
I am going to divide the post in 3 and not 4 parts as it should for a reason I am about to explain
There are 4 phases in this Danish Band
1- Starting Phase where André Andersen does both Keyboards and Vocals
2 - DC Cooper from USA enters the band to make the vocals
3 - DC Cooper leaves Royal Hunt for some time, to do other projects
4 - DC Cooper returns to Royal Hunt After a lot of requests from fans to André Andersen

the thing is, for me the Royal Hunt in between DC Cooper is much weaker so I will leave not talk about it.

So let's start with the first phase with André Andersen in Keyboards and Vocals 
There are 2 albums to talk about in this part of Royal Hunt's life

Land of Broken Hearts 
In this album we see a clear influence of typical metal of early 90's as this album is from 1991. More of a harsh, raw sound
Here I leave you, Running Wild





Clown in the Mirror

Here starts to gain evidence the tendency to Progressive metal, but still a lot of influence from early 90's power metal. the melody mainly in song with same name as the album is notorious.
Here for you Clown in the mirror

Royal Hunt is a problem to put videos, easily they are removed from youtube, I can't understand this, mainly with albums impossible to find Nowadays

No comments:

Post a Comment