Saturday 17 October 2015

Soen - Cognitive and Tellurian

Greetings
Today I am going to show you a band most of people never heard about before, for those of you who did it, it's never too much hear them again
I am talking about Soen
This band is composed by Martin Lopez(Opeth, Amon Amarth), Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Testament, Sadus), Kim Platbarzdis and Joel Ekelöf.
The main note here is the similarities with Tool, especially the vocalist Joel Ekelöf which sound so much like Maynnard James Keenan from Tool.
I don't know if it because of Bassist change, the first Album Cognitive is for me much better than the second one, Tellurian
The progressive elements are present, the presence of many musicians of progressive bands helps understand the influence, as their sound is not so dark in ambience as Tool's
               
Cognitive - 2012
Tellurian - 2014

The Song I will share from Cognitive is the official video, Savia. This song I think is about independence and autonomy of decision.
 
  
 From Tellurian I leave you Tabula Rasa. About this one I leave you to extract the meaning of this one.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment