Friday 23 October 2015

Scott Walker - Out of metal/out of prog

Today I bring you something totally different, one of my recently pleasurable findings. Directly form late 60's, the first time I heard it, I intermediately started to love it. Scott Walker is an North American singer, born in Hamilton, Ohio, USA.
I stumble upon Scott Walker after while listening The Last Shadow Puppets, Age of the understatement, someone pointed the influence of Scott Walker there
Music to hear with pleasure, songs beautifully constructed, some from already existing ones in France and Belgium.

The first one I am going to show you is called "Jackie", From Scott 2, a song which is a remake of an original one from Jacques Brel.


This one is my favourite one, a Ballad from Scott 2 album, "Best of Both Worlds"



This one is a version of a Frank Sinatra's song, which on it's hand is a version of Ne Me Quittes Pas from Jacques Brel, it's called "If you go Away"


The last song is a strong one, very well composed with a sound more elaborated, from "Five easy pieces, 2nd album" Joanna.


Hope you enjoy this as much as me, After several day posting stuff I start to publish more spaced in time to let who may be able to read my blog to listen carefully what I bring
Greetings, and see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment